MEDIAGE PR EA Limited is a PR & Media Consultancy Company specializing in Strategic Communication Planning and Execution for private and public companies.
Partner to Regional Agency, Red House & Magna Carta, the biggest Reputation Management Group in Africa. We support local and international brands in Uganda, Rwanda & New Markets in Southern Sudan & Great Lakes Region.
Regional partnerships deliver a wide cross-cultural and international expertise as well as tested practice tools and experience which are readily available to all clients.
Experienced in Corporate & Brand Reputation Management, Marketing PR, with thorough knowledge of regional media, how it works and how to leverage media to get the best.
Case Study 1: Crisis/Issues Management
MTN Nyege Nyege Mini Cancellation by Ministry of Ethics & Integrity
Media Age PR is currently handling MTN Uganda’s PR. In September 2018, there arose a reputational issue emanating from the bad publicity of MTN Nyege Nyege which led to its mini cancellation.
• The Minister of Ethics & Integrity cited issues with the festival; that the festival promoted Homosexuality (which is bannedin Uganda), Nudity, Immorality and Drug Abuse.
• Sections of the public – especially religious and civil society – called for the festival to be banned stating that it promoted delinquency amongst the youth who are the majority in Uganda.
• The festival was also being held at a time when anti-Government sentiments were high (People Power) and the festival was seen to be a sympathiser with these groups.
- A PR Crisis Plan was shared with the client and festival organisers. The PR Crisis Plan centered around promoting the festivals two key pillars: Promotion of Tourism and Promotion of Ugandan Art & culture.
- An engagement plan was arranged where festival organisers met with key stakeholders of the Government that included the Prime Minister, Minster of Ethics and Integrity and the Internal Affairs Minister.
- A Q&A about the festival was used to promote the advantages of the festival.
- Key influencers were engaged using hashtags like #SaveNyegeNyege that went a long way to drive positive sentiment against the negative sentiment that the Government had promoted about the festival.
- The event was later allowed to take place MTN Nyege Nyege got good coverage from most media houses in Uganda The event was well attended by the targeted audience.
Case Study 2: Brand PR
MTN MoMo Pay Launch
On Thursday, 16th August 2018 - MoMoPay Launch was launched in Uganda at Ntinda Shopping Center. MoMo Pay allows merchants receive payments using MTN Mobile Money which is aimed at driving forward Uganda’s cashless economy.
Media Age PR was tasked with the role of media management, Press release development and dissemination, Brand PR and overall coordination of the event.
We invited media and ensured that MTN MoMo Pay launch gets the best coverage across all main media houses.
• More than 30 invited journalists attended the launch.
• MTN Uganda got good coverage from most media houses in Uganda.
• There was instant trial by MTN customers on how MoMo Pay works just a few minutes after the launch.
Case Study 3: Brand PR
Jambojet Maiden Flight Arrival & Launch
Jambojet launched operations in Uganda on February 15 2018. It’s maiden flight touched down at Entebbe Airport ushering in renewed competition and a promise of lower air fares for frequent flyers in Uganda.
Media Age PR was tasked with the role of media management, Press release development and dissemination, Brand PR, invitation of high profile guests and overall coordination of the event.
Measure of Success
We invited media and ensured that Jambojet gets the best coverage across all main media houses. We carried out a detailed guest profiling exercise that ended up with an invitation list of about 100 individuals that met the criteria of high personalities.
• More than 80 invited individuals attended the launch.
• Jambojet got good coverage from most media houses in Uganda.
• There was instant interest in Jambojet with more bookings after the launch.
Case Study 4: Thought leadership
Sanlam Initiative Breakfast Meeting
In June 2017, Sanlam insurance untangled the Economic state of affairs through Investment economist and Author, Arthur Kamp who debunked the condition and position of Uganda’s economic environment during a breakfast meeting at the Sheraton Hotel, Victoria Ballroom.
Measure of Success
We invited a team of seasoned Business Writers & facilitated their attendance at the conference with a view to bringing them up to speed with emerging trends in the insurance industry, Finance and Investment.
• A series of stories were published in print, online and others broadcasted on radio.
• The conference helped to enhance the understanding of the investment arm in insurance.
• The meeting helped the local media to drive an informed dialogue in regards to insurance
Case Study 5: Crisis/Issues Management
Cancellation of EUTAW advance performance bond
Media Age PR was engaged by UAP Old Mutual as a PR effort to manage reputational issues emanating from the cancellation of EUTAW advance performance bond.
UAP Insurance, acting on normal business instructions from its Agent Marsh Uganda who were acting on behalf of their client Eutaw Construction Incorporated (Eutaw), issued a bona fide Advance Performance Bond (APB) on June 19 2014 to coincide with the Contractors All Risks (CAR) Insurance cover for the Mukono – Kyetume-Katosi, Nyenga road.
See Action Taken
- However on July 18 2014, UAP Insurance received information that the road contract award to Eutaw was under investigation and new and previously undisclosed material information consequent to the issuance of the APB and its verification was now available.
- After thorough internal investigations and verification of the new information, it was found out that the prospective advance payment of Ugx 24.7 Billion had already been made 7 months prior to seeking the APB.
- Therefore, UAP Insurance made a decision to cancel the APB on July 21 2014 and notified all parties with an interest in the matter.
- The investigations into the award of this contract and the cancellation of the APB have become an issue of numerous media report which wrongfully suggest that UAP Insurance was involved in the issuance of forged insurance documents.
- Prepared a statement of facts about UAP Insurance involvement in the matter Share the statement with media and other stakeholders with interest in the matter to set the record straight.
- Engaged media and especially The New Vision on facts on UAP Insurance involvement and manage subsequent media coverage to reflect the facts.
- Embarked on stakeholder relations campaign to reinforce UAP’s position as market leader and responsible business partner.